12 February 2011

O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown

Today as I am thinking of my Dad and hoping he is happy and finding joy, I am feeling the love of the Lord for the many blessings and opportunities He provides for us.  As a personal project I decided to learn to play hymns, I think at age 12.  So I got a "teach yourself piano" book and I taught myself.  I annoyed the whole family playing hymns over and over and over again!  But I really got to know and love them.  This hymn, "O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown" was one I really got to love and one my Dad repeatedly asked me to play.  I love the whole song, but today I am mindful especially of these two verses:

No creature is so lowly,
No sinner so depraved,
But feels thy presence holy
And thru thy love is saved.
Tho craven friends betray thee,
They feel thy love’s embrace;
The very foes who slay thee
Have access to thy grace.

Thy sacrifice transcended
The mortal law’s demand;
Thy mercy is extended
To ev’ry time and land.
No more can Satan harm us,
Tho long the fight may be,
Nor fear of death alarm us;
We live, O Lord, thru thee.

I have absolute surety that the Savior has died for us, has atoned for our sins, and is living today.  I also know that because of Him no fear of death need alarm us.  "Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me, enough to die for me! Oh, it is wonderful! Wonderful to me!"

When I really think about what has happened to my Dad, I don't know why it can be so frustrating!  I guess sometimes I just want my Dad!  Is that silly to say?  Probably!  When I get feeling that way I think "well this is my Dad, not my husband" and a whole new set of feelings come to my heart as I consider the burden my Mom has been called to bear.  She really is so faithful and good!  There are lots of wonderful people out there but she just has to be one of the very best.  I really have no reason to complain.  I am thankful my Dad was able to participate so fully in the raising of us kids before the stroke.  My brother Sam says that my Dad has always been so smart, it took a stroke to put him on the intelligence level of the rest of us. 

It is so wonderful to know that Jesus Christ died that man might live again.  When the souls of all man are reunited with their bodies and never to be separated or plagued by illness or deformity, won't that be glorious?  I know that will happen.  For all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment