08 March 2011

Great music

I am thankful for the hymns!  I love them so much.  I am not a real musician, I taught myself to play piano as a personal progress goal when I was young.  I am so thankful I did that because I learned all the hymns and really learned to love them.  There is so much comfort and solace offered to us through the words and music.  I know the Lord loves to hear us sing good songs!  This verse has been on my mind today from Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer.

Precious Savior, dear Redeemer, Thou wilt bind the broken heart.
Let not sorrow overwhelm us; Dry the bitter tears that start.
Curb the winds and calm the billows; Bid the angry tempest cease.
Precious Savior, dear Redeemer, Grant us everlasting peace.

I know that we can receive "everlasting peace" through Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that His Atonement is for our burdens and sorrows as well as for our sins.  He is the matchless gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment